Despite what some may think, the Life of a Blogger can be hard work. Our brains are always working in overdrive thinking of blog post ideas, creating graphics, making sure we pass Google’s regulations, and so much more!
A Day in the Life of a Blogger
Some start blogging without any clue of what it entails. If you are blogging and want to interact and network with others, you’re going to have to work at it.
So you want to be a blogger
The first question you need to ask yourself is “Why?”
- Do you want to be a hobby blogger and share a craft you are good at?
- Are you looking to make money via your blog?
- Do you simply want to have a public journal?
There are many reasons Why people start blogs. Be sure you narrow down the Why before you jump in feet first.
The second question should be “Do I have enough time?
Yes, Blogging does take up quite a lot of time. It’s not only the time to create your post, but you also have to:
- Create the graphics
- Share your post
- Reply to comments
- Visit other blogger’s sites
- Commenting on other blog sites
- If self-hosting your blog, the maintenance, and updates that are needed
If you figured out the Why and decided you Do have time, by all means, GO FOR IT!
A few other things to keep in mind
Seriously, blogging can be a full-time job if you want to do it right.
- Choose your blogging platform (WordPress.com, Blogger, WordPress.org, Squarespace)
- Make sure you have established a budget for Self-Hosting Fees, Domain(s), Royalty Free Images, etc.
- Blog Design
- The Perfect Domain
- Blog Content
- Graphics (Images)
- Blog Theme
- Sharing Content
- Making Money
- Growing Traffic
- About Me
Do you see what I’m saying? So before you think about blogging, make sure you know What you’re getting into. This is one of the biggest reasons why bloggers quit. They simply did not know all the work one can be.
I stumbled upon this Infographic and thought it depicted the Life of a Blogger fairly well. Let’s take a look at it.
A day in the life of a blogger
What do you think?
As a Blogger, do you feel the Infographic sums up your life? Is there anything you’d like to add to the list?