If you’re a Girl Boss or Boss Dude, I’m sure your daily tasks list is about as long as mine, or maybe, even longer. Mine just so happens to be one of two daily tasks lists because I have yet a day job and a side hustle. There are times I just can’t accomplish everything on my list. It’s simply not feasible!
If you find yourself in the same boat as me, or even a similar tugboat style, maybe hiring a Virtual Assistant could help you!
Now, before you start saying “I can’t afford one”, which I really can’t at this point, know there are some VA’s out there that will work with your budget.
When you find a Virtual Assistant that will work with your budget, which by the way this is totally awesomesauce, how are you going to let them help you? What daily tasks could you hire them to do? I’ve created a list for you!
5 Daily Tasks You Can Outsource to a Virtual Assistant
We all know how tedious paperwork can be. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a responsible assistant do that for you? Think of the headaches it could save you!
As a Girl Boss or Boss Dude, we find administrative type tasks in our day-to-day adventures. A VA could definitely help you:
- Calendar Management – A VA can manage your personal and business schedule for you. Do you generally need to schedule time with existing clients to discuss projects? What about scheduling time to meet with potential new clients? Having a VA to manage your online and offline schedule could ease your workload. All you would need to do is “show up” and get down to business!
- Email Management – If you’re like me, I check my email first thing in the morning. Sometimes there can be an abundance of inquiries pertaining to my side hustle that need to be answered in a prompt manner. Having a VA to answer the inquiries on behalf of yourself could ease your morning routine, as well as, email overload during the rest of your day.
- Solicitation – Depending on the type of business you have, you may ask a VA to solicit new clients on behalf of your business. Sometimes electronic messages aren’t the best way. Maybe, just maybe, going back to an old-school routine could be the answer. A VA could create flyers or brochures and distribute via postal “snail” mail. You could also have him/her contact businesses, bloggers, or other entrepreneurs via telephone.
- Business Manners – A VA could assist you with billing by creating and sending invoices to your clients. He/she could also do follow up on delinquent payments. Then there is always the bookkeeping aspect. Do you use Quickbooks, Freshbooks, or another type of electronic system? Absolutely, a trustworthy, VA could assist you with that!
- Customer/Client Relations – Depending on the type of side hustle you have, sending out Thank You cards or gifts after a completed project can be a nice gesture.
If you have a website/blog, you know that it’s just not as simple as writing a post and hitting the publish button. A Virtual Assistant can help manage all aspects of your website and free up time for you to do more important tasks.
- Create Content
- Research Topics
- Schedule and/or Publish Content
- Create Images for the posts
Oh yes, the joys of having a self-hosted website! Who would have known there was so in keeping your website safe and free of clutter? A VA can ease your mind by staying on top of the maintenance of your website. He/she could:
- Manage/Moderate Comments
- Optimize the database
- Remove all Spam and Empty Trash
- Ensure plugins and themes are up-to-date. If not can update as needed.
- Correct issues as they arise (conflicts with plugins and/or coding issues).
- Other miscellaneous issues that arise over time.
If you’re not using Social Media for your website, blog, or business, you are seriously missing out on opportunities! I’m not saying you need to use all the platforms, just focus on a few that you find are generating traffic or business for you. A VA can:
- Create images for the social media platforms you choose to focus on.
- Create content/status updates to go along with the images.
- Schedule the content for publishing.
- Engage with your fans and/or comments on behalf of you and/or your business.
- Answer inquiries.
If you don’t know by now, building a Community is essential in today’s online World. Whether it’s for your blog or your business, having a Community of like-minded folks can help you grow your business. However, a Community will only get you so far. Having a VA to assist with building a Community and/or Relationships can help you go that much further.
- Search out those in your niche and engage via their blogs. This entails commenting and sharing their content on social media.
- Look at other content websites, like Reddit, LinkedIn, and Inbound and engage on articles within your niche. This helps grow your name and will build your reputation.
So, you see, hiring a Virtual Assistant can help with several of your day-to-day tasks. The options are limitless! Finding a good Virtual Assistant can be quite a mission in itself so if you’re serious about looking to hire, please reach out to me today!
Now It’s Your Turn
Do you see the benefits of hiring a Virtual Assistant to help you? If you could have a VA for just one (1) week, what would you have them do?
Let’s discuss below!